Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A May Day

Whew!  This spring has been a whirl wind with my graduating senior and all of the kids' spring sports and 4-H activities....I can't believe it is already the end of May.  Now it's time to catch you up to speed on art.  Back in March, Bob and I traveled to Montana for The Russell show in Great Falls.  We met so many wonderful people and artists during our four day stay.  I couldn't have been happier when my piece "Early Start" sold during the Wall Sale opening night.  It went to a great home in Wyoming!

The 1st annual Scottsdale Salon of Fine Art hosted by The Legacy Gallery opened in April and my piece titled "Concho" sold during the opening reception.  This piece prompted some interest and Scott Jones, their awesome manager, sold another drawing for me titled "Punkin's Palomino".  Needless to say, I'm very excited about my new found relationship with everyone at The Legacy and will be sending them new works in hopes of building my clientele.  Their locations are in both Scottsdale, AZ and Jackson Hole, WY...so stop by to see some terrific art if you are in the area.

Many of you are already aware of the terrible drought in Texas and the fires that have ravaged the lands this past month.  Well, Bob and I have been heavily impacted by the fires in Crockett and Val Verde Counties where we also ranch. The Lord answered our prayers when the temperature and winds changed right before it reached our neighbor and ranch hand's houses. A BIG Thanks to our neighbors, volunteers, and forest services who were able to help battle the fire near our ranch hand's house while my husband, my brother and son were fighting at the neighbor's house. Like many ranchers, we will be forced to sell much of our livestock as there is not enough grass to eat or fences to hold them. We were able to get the cattle in the pens and about half of the goats before the fires blazed across the land. Even though the clever goats had been kidding, they escaped in the rocky areas where a cow could not.  The last I heard, this particular fire encompassed several ranches consuming about 205,000 acres.  I am so proud of the way the communities came together in time of need.  Trying times for sure, but we still have a lot to be thankful for when you think of those who have lost their homes elsewhere.
Recently Sold:

     
             Early Start                                                                         Concho                                            
             Dos Amigos                                                                        LV Sol Brillante

Thank you to all of my collectors and supporters!!

No comments:

Post a Comment