Monday, June 25, 2012

AQHA: America's Horse in Art

     I just thought you might like to see what we have been up to lately.  My Schleicher County 4-H kids have been busy competing in various judging events both at State 4-H and just recently in Sonora at our last contest for the season.  As their volunteer coach, I could not be prouder of their accomplishments.  So now you know the reason for not posting lately.
     Meanwhile...back in the studio...I have wonderful news to announce.  Guess who was selected as the 2012 Signature Artist for the 2012 America's Horse in Art show?  If you are wanting to take that trip to the AQHA museum, then August through November is a great time to come see the Art Show and check it out.  I will send another reminder closer to the opening date and give you a sneak peak of my other pieces in the show.  Be on the look-out for show advertizements in some of the art magazines, too.

     You are cordially invited to the show’s free opening event and sale, Saturday, August 11, from 5:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. at the American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame & Museum. The evening will feature live music, hors d'œuvres and cocktails.  A portion of the proceeds from the sale of the art will go to the museum to support its efforts to preserve the history of the American Quarter Horse.  He Knows His Job, $4500, will be available for sale as well as signed and numbered prints.   Art sales will also be available online, by telephone at (806) 376-5181 and by e-mail at artshow@aqha.org, on August 11. The purchased artwork will remain on exhibit through November 10.

He Knows His Job     25"x19" 

 Recently Sold:

Thank you to all of my collectors, galleries and supporters!!
"Where the spirit does not work with the hand there is no art." --Leonardo da Vinci
     Thank you all for your interest in my blog. If you have any requests for future articles or information, or any questions about my art, please feel free to contact me any time at www.maryrossbuchholz.com or at 325-853-3839.  And check out some of my new arrivals at The Legacy Gallery.  I always look forward to hearing from you.
Best regards, 
Mary Ross Buchholz


No comments:

Post a Comment