Sunday, June 14, 2015

Summer Stampede

          Our spring has slowly morphed into a hot summer and the Buchholz bunch has been busy. This year Mother Nature thankfully provided a bountiful crop of apricots, peaches and plums. It is a family affair when it comes to canning and freezing what the good Lord provides. So far, we have canned over 250 pounds of apricot jam and have frozen around 220 pounds...The plums will be tackled next week. Our friends are always on call with their ice chests at the ready to take some home. We have a good many fruit trees, and it has been several years since we have had such a bumper crop. Very little goes to waste as the frugal German-ways leak out of my husband, but we do begrudgingly share a few with the birds and gnats.

         The kids and I just returned from 4-H State Round Up in College Station, Texas. I coach a couple of teams and we ended up placing 4th in Wool Judging and 5th in Mohair. We didn't advance to Nationals like I had hoped, and I'm starting to think my teams are jinxed at State as we have placed 1st year after year in many of the 4-H contests before and leading up to State. We will try again next year with my youngest, Franklin, and his teammate, Sierra, and hopefully some new recruits. I will surely miss the 5 kids that just graduated including my middle son, Dalton. It has given me great joy to coach these kids over the years and to watch them grown into fine young men and young ladies. I wish them the best and hope that they can one day give back to their community through 4-H. Here they are in front of the new Hildebrand Equine Complex at TAMU. There is some very nice western artwork inside this building if you want to check it out one day.

                It seems that with my kids' busy schedule and having two graduating seniors (Robert -Tarleton and Dalton -Eldorado High) that I have neglected to send out e-newsletters these past couple of months. So be sure to check out my schedule below of future art shows.
I hope to see you at the Summer Stampede next week in Lubbock, TX...it's going to be a blast. And later in the summer in August at AQHA: America's Horse in Art.
Summer & Fall Art Show Schedule....

June 20...Summer Stampede National Ranching Heritage Center in Lubbock, TX
Aug. 15 to Oct. 10...  America's Horse In Art AQHA Hall of Fame & Museum in Amarillo, TX
Sept. 4... Annual Fall Gallery Show at InSight Gallery in Fredericksburg, TX  
Oct. 22-24...Traveling the West Art Show & Sale at Southwest Gallery in Dallas, TX 
Nov. 13...Small Works, Great Wonders Art Show at National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum
In Oklahoma City, OK
Below are a few of my works in these shows.  

   
Recently Sold!!!

I had a total of four art shows to travel to in March...it was certainly a busy month. Anyway, it is a blessing to meet and visit with good friends and new collectors at these shows. I love finding new and loving homes for my artwork. Thank you to all who admire and appreciate my artwork!
     
     
   

    
         Click Here to see what Prints are available..... 
Thank you to all of my collectors, galleries and supporters!! 
"Where the spirit does not work with the hand there is no art." --Leonardo da Vinci
Thank you all for your interest in my blog. If you have any requests for future articles or information, or any questions about my art, please feel free to contact me any time at www.maryrossbuchholz.com or at 325-853-3839.  And check out some of my new arrivals at InSight Gallery and The Legacy Gallery.  I always look forward to hearing from you.
Best regards, 
Mary Ross Buchholz
CONTACTS AND LINKS
To see more of my work and to be the first to see
my current work please view these sites:
www.MaryRossBuchholz.com 
If you liked this newsletter, then please forward it to a friend.
If this newsletter didn't come directly from me, and you want to receive future newsletters,
then click Mary Ross Buchholz e-newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment